Reprogramming of cancer cells into non-malignant cells
The aim of this project is to use the information gained about “Achilles' heels” of cancer and tumour-host interactions to achieve cancer cell reprogramming, i.e., to transform cancer cells into dying or non-malignant cells.
Specific tasks include:
- Genetic reprogramming of cancer cell lines
- Pharmacological and metabolic reprogramming of cancer cell lines
- Cancer reprogramming in fruit fly tumour models
- Cancer reprogramming in zebrafish tumour models
- Cancer reprogramming in patient-derived xenograft models