CIR group leader Shuo-Wang Qiao receives funding through UiO:Life Science - the convergence environment program
Shuo-Wang Qiao is part of the convergence environment "Comparative immunology of fish and humans (COMPARE)" which receives funding through UiO:Life Science. Main collaborators in this project are two other CIR scientists, Cinzia Progida and Oddmund Bakke at the Department of Biosciences.
The convergence environments consists of interdisiplinary research groups that address major challenges within health and environment. The goal of this particular project is to study the peculiar immune system of the codfishes function in detail and its implications for human immune disease. The consortium consists of:
- Kjetill S. Jakobsen, Professor, Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES), Department of Biosciences, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (leader)
- Sissel Jentoft, Deputy Chair/Project Coordinator, CEES
- Ole Christian Lingjærde, Professor, Department of Informatics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Shuo-Wang Qiao, Associate Professor, Centre for Immune Regulation (CIR), Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine
- Kristin Asdal, Professor, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture (TIK), Faculty of Social Sciences