Anniversary Seminars: Bipolar disorders
- Early risk factors, treatment options, and underlying disease mechanisms. New knowledge can help patients.
Bipolar disorder is a severe mental disorder. Recent progress in research has resulted in:
- improved treatment alternatives
- better ability to identify the disease in the early phases
New disease mechanisms will enable better prevention and treatment options in the future.
- Professor Ole A. Andreassen, UiO:NORMENT
- Professor Guy Goodwin, Oxford University
- Professor Ingrid Melle, UiO/ OUS
10.00-10.45: Recent progress in pharmacological treatment of bipolar disorder.
11.00-11.25: Early phase and longitudinal outcome in bipolar disorders.
11.30-11.55: Genetics and brain abnormalities in bipolar disorders.
Professor Ole A. Andreassen