Anniversary Seminars: Clinical immunology
A well functioning immune system is critical for maintaining health. Insight into the mechanisms of how the immune system work can be harnessed for improved treatment of diseases including cancer.
T cell activation, a central event in immune responses. Illustration: Elin Lunde.
- Post doc. Espen Bækkevold, OUS and UiO:CIR
- PhD Candidate Asbjørn Christophersen, UiO:CIR
- Professor Gary Koretzky, Cornell University
- Professor Johanna Olweus, UiO/OUS
- Professor John White, McGill University
12.30-12.55: Gary Koretzky: Clinical implication of T cell signalling
13.00-13.25: John White: Sunshine boosts immunity. Vitamin D and beyond
13.30-13.45: Asbjørn Christophersen: HLA tetramers to understand and diagnose celiac disease
13.50-14.05: Espen Bækkevold: Novel concepts to investigate immunopathology in organ rejection
14.10-14.25: Johanna Olweus: T-cell based immunotherapy - the new bullets in cancer treatment?
Professor Anne Spurkland and professor Ludvig Sollid.