FRIPRO - Independent basic research projects
FRIPRO provides funding for independent projects in an open national competitive arena on the basis of scientific merit. Deadline is 24 May at 13:00 CET.
The funding scheme for independent projects (FRIPRO) comprises a national competitive arena for research funding for projects in all fields and disciplines.
FRIHUMSAM - Humanities and Social Sciences
FRIMEDBIO - Medicine, Health Sciences and Biology
FRINATEK - Mathematics, Physical Sciences and Technology
The FRIPRO scheme shall promote:
- scientific quality at the forefront of international research;
- boldness in scientific thinking and innovation;
- careers for young research talents.
Grants are awarded on the basis of the scientific merit of the project. When assessing grant applications, boldness in scientific thinking and scientific innovation demonstrated in the proposals will also be emphasized.
The FRIPRO scheme employs the following application types:
- FRIPRO Toppforsk - for well-established researchers with the potential to build an internationally prominent research group.
- Researcher Project - collaborative projects led by established researchers with experience well beyond a post-doctoral period.
- Young Research Talents - for young researchers in the early stages of their careers who have demonstrated the ability to conduct research of high scientific quality.
- FRIPRO mobility grant - three-year grant designed to promote mobility and career development among younger researchers.
- Support for Events - for larger-scale international researcher conferences that are arranged on a regular, rotating basis between different countries.
The call for proposals will be published during the week of 20 March, and it will be possible to create an application from 12 April.
More information on the FRIPRO website.