COST Open Call
COST Actions provide funding for European Research network activities. The coming Collection Date is 7 September 2017.
What is COST?
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) brings together European researchers, engineers and scholars from different COST countries to jointly develop their own ideas and new initiatives across all science and technology fields through trans-European cooperation.
The scheme encourages trans-, multi- and interdisciplinary approaches by integrating researchers, engineers and scholars from different fields and horizons such as universities, research centers, companies, in particular small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as other relevant actors.
A quick overview
Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s).
- One of the longest-running European frameworks
- Supports cooperation among scientists and researchers across Europe
- Does not fund research itself, but provides funding for network activities
- Network activities can be: meetings, short term scientific missions, training schools and dissemination activities
- Researchers participating in an action, collaborate and contribute with their nationally funded Research
- Must represent a network of proposers from at least 5 COST countries
- Financial support averages EUR 130 000 per year for a four-year period
COST provides exciting opportunities for cooperation and networking on an European Level!
Please see full call text on the COST webpage