IMI-2 Ebola and other filoviral haemorrhagic fevers: future outbreaks (Call 8)
Projects that increase the readiness to respond to future outbreaks of Ebola and other filoviral haemorrhagic fevers. 55 MEUR is available. Deadline: September 14th 2017.
Key Project deliverables might include (but are not limited to) the following:
- the progression of a novel vaccine candidate, diagnostic or treatment up to a stage ready for testing in an outbreak setting.
- the development of tools to help with pre-clinical and clinical development of vaccine candidates and treatments (incl. Proof of Concept testing of existing platforms for screening compounds for Ebola and other filoviruses).
- the development and/or validation of a novel diagnostic test that is sufficiently sensitive, rapid, user-friendly, cheap, and usable in resource-limited settings.
- the development of novel strategies to improve the stability of vaccines against Ebola and other filoviral infections during transport and storage, e.g. which would allow storage at 8°C or ambient temperatures for prolonged durations.
- the development of novel manufacturing and delivery strategies.
- the development of learning and strategies for optimal deployment and adherence to vaccination programmes.
- the facilitation of the exploitation of recent advances in our understanding of Ebola and other filoviral infections and the acceleration of their development into health care interventions.