About the programme
From 2014 to 2019 the Scientia Fellows programme promotes training and career development of over 80 postdoctoral researchers through international mobility to leading research institutions.
- 82 Fellows supported by the programme
- 33 nationalities
- 44 per cent women
- 85 publications (Scopus data per 2.11.17)
- Total budget: 16,7 mln € (6,7 mln € - EU contribution)
- Contribute to a structured and tailored academic career development of experienced researchers
- Prepare fellows to perform complex working tasks in and outside academia
- Be a creative and stimulating learning environment
- Be a flagship for career development of academic talents
- Stimulate and promote the career development of experienced researchers who show considerable promise to be Europe’s future scientific leaders, through a comprehensive programme of trans-national mobility
- Establish a post-doctoral programme consisting of incoming and outgoing fellowships worldwide characterised by scientific excellence in health sciences (translating basic and applied research for human health).
- Provide training designed to maximize the career prospects of the researchers by the development of translational, multidisciplinary research skills along with transferable skills including entrepreneurship, leadership, dissemination and management.