- Outcomes and prognostic factors in musculoskeletal conditions
Specifically, I am interested in exploring the potential factors that could explain the outcomes in neck pain in patients seeking interventions from varied health care settings such as primary care and specialized health care setups. In order to investigate these factors, I employ systematic reviews, cross-sectional surveys (web-based) and longitudinal designs. In particular, the interest lies in examining the trajectories of the outcomes in neck pain using a novel approach of experience sampling methodology. While addressing these aims, I apply advanced statistical modelling techniques such as multiple linear regressions, simple slope analysis, growth mixture modelling and linear mixed-effects modelling.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), New Zealand, 2015
- Master of Sports Physiotherapy, India, 2001
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, India, 1997
- Scientia Fellows Post Doctoral Fellowship, Norway, 2016-2018
- Doctoral (PhD) Scholarships, New Zealand, 2011-2015
- Post Graduate (Masters) Scholarships, India, 1999-2001
- Outstanding in academics award (Bachelors), India, 1997
- Scientia Fellows Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Norway – March 2016 to till date
- PhD candidate - University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand – 2011 to 2015
- Associate Professor, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India – 2006 to 2011
- Assistant Professor, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India – 2001 to 2006
- Balasundaram, Arun Prasad; Athens, J; Schneiders, AG; McCrory, P & Sullivan, SJ (2017). Do post-concussion-like symptom responses change following exercise or sports participation in a non-concussed cohort?. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. ISSN 0905-7188. 27(12), s 2002- 2008 . doi: 10.1111/sms.12844
- Balasundaram, Arun Prasad; Athens, Josie; Schneiders, Anthony Gerard; McCrory, Paul & Sullivan, Stephen John (2017). Psychological and lifestyle factors that influence the serial reporting of postconcussion-like symptoms in a non-concussed population. PM&R. ISSN 1934-1482. 9(9), s 866- 873 . doi: 10.1016/j.pmrj.2017.01.004
- Balasundaram, Arun Prasad & Robinson, Hilde Stendal (2017). Effectiveness of physical therapy interventions for pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain (PEDro synthesis). British Journal of Sports Medicine. ISSN 0306-3674. . doi: Br J Sports Med 2017;0:1–2. doi:10.1136/bjsports-2017-098287 Full text in Research Archive.