My research interests are related to user-involvement in health services and challenges of change in healthcare. In my current position, I will evaluate the effect of innovative geriatric care models in municipalities. These models are developed around the Advanced Geriatric Nurse (AGN) role and aim at offering better and more comprehensive services in municipalities and at reducing the unnecessary use of costly specialised services. We will also further develop and evaluate the role of the AGN education based on the experience we will get from the project.
The project is financed by the Research Council of Norway under the title ”New steps in the municipal health care staircase: Educating for new roles and innovative models for treatment and care of frail elders.”
I am also very interested in eHealth and telemedicine (I have been working in eHealth since 2005) and my research is about developing and evaluating effective and user-centred solutions. My main interest is in cardiology and cardiac rehabilitation, but I have been involved in other non-communicable diseases and prevention, such as smoking cessation (slutta.no), stroke telerehabilitation, and tele-Congitive Behavioural Therapy for morbid obesity.
Other research and professional interests are in the areas of digitalisation of nursing education, open data, and eHealth in developing countries.
12/2010–05/2014 PhD, University of Tromsø, (Norway)
11/2005–04/2008 MSc in Health Informatics, University of Athens, Athens (Greece)
09/2000–03/2005 BSc in Nursing,University of Athens, Athens (Greece)
05/2014–today Senior Researcher, Norwegian Centre for Integrated Care and Telemedicine, 20% position after July 2014.
08/2014–12/2015 Associate Professor, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (Norway)
05/2014–08/2014 Lead Researcher for Norway, World Wide Web Foundation
12/2008–05/2014 PhD Candidate, Norwegian Centre for Integrated Care and Telemedicine
10/2007–11/2008 Nurse, Research Assistant, 3rd Cardiology Department, University of Athens (Greece)
06/2007–06/2007 Nurse (Medical mission in Uganda and Tanzania), International solidarity and cooperation centre, (Greece)
10/2004–11/2007 Research Assistant, Teacher at the Laboratory, Health Informatics Laboratory, University of Athens (Greece)
- Member of the Advisory Group of the Telenursing Network of the International Council of Nurses.
- Board member of the Tromsø Doctoral students - TODOS (2012-2013) and of the Association of Doctoral Organisations in Norway - SiN (2012-2013)
My research network includes researchers from Scandinavia, Greece, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Lithuania, and the USA, health professionals from different institutions and representatives from patient organizations in Norway and other European countries. I am also member of NST’s ”Home Care and Personalised Health” research group.
- Bergland, Astrid; Meaas, Ingrid; Debesay, Jonas; Brovold, Therese; Jacobsen, Ellisiv Lærum; Antypas, Konstantinos & Bye, Asta (2016). Associations of social networks with quality of life, health and physical functioning. European Journal of Physiotherapy. ISSN 2167-9169. 18(2), s 78- 88 . doi: 10.3109/21679169.2015.1115554
- Antypas, Konstantinos & Wangberg, Silje C (2014). An internet- and mobile-based tailored intervention to enhance maintenance of physical activity after cardiac rehabilitation: Short-term results of a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research. ISSN 1438-8871. 16(3), s e77 . doi: 10.2196/jmir.3132 Full text in Research Archive.
- Antypas, Konstantinos & Wangberg, Silje C (2014). Combining Users’ Needs With Health Behavior Models in Designing an Internet- and Mobile-Based Intervention for Physical Activity in Cardiac Rehabilitation. JMIR Research Protocols. ISSN 1929-0748. 3(1) . doi: 10.2196/resprot.2725 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Antypas, Konstantinos & Wangberg, Silje C (2012). E-Rehabilitation an Internet and mobile phone based tailored intervention to enhance selfmanagement of Cardiovascular Disease: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. ISSN 1471-2261. 12(50) . doi: 10.1186/1471-2261-12-50 Full text in Research Archive.
- Wangberg, Silje C; Nilsen, Olav; Antypas, Konstantinos & Gram, Inger Torhild (2011). Effect of Tailoring in an Internet-Based Intervention for Smoking Cessation: Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research. ISSN 1438-8871. 13(4:e121) . doi: 10.2196/jmir.1605 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Larbi, Dillys; Antypas, Konstantinos & Gram, Inger Torhild (2016). A Norwegian E-Health program: predictors for successful smoking cessation among more than 4,000 men and women. International Journal of Integrated Care. ISSN 1568-4156. 16(5) . doi: 10.5334/ijic.2578
- Antypas, Konstantinos (2014). Providing reassurance and psychological support from a distance.
- Antypas, Konstantinos (2014). e-Rehabilitation. Design and effectiveness of a tailored Internet- and mobile-based intervention to support maintenance of physical activity after cardiac rehabilitation.
- Antypas, Konstantinos & Wangberg, Silje C (2013). E-Rehabilitation – an Internet and Mobile Phone Based Tailored Intervention to Enhance Self-Management of Cardiovascular Disease: Preliminary Results.
- Antypas, Konstantinos & Wangberg, Silje C (2013). User Involvement in the Design of an Internet- And Mobile-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation Intervention: Technology-Related Needs and Requirements.