Rosemarie de la Cruz Bernabe
- Medical research ethics: ethics and the regulation of clinical trials, ethical risk benefit assessment, ethics of late phase clinical trials
- The capabilities approach and the human rights framework
- Research ethics
- Ethics and public health
- International research ethics
Prior to coming to Oslo University, I worked as assistant professor of medical research ethics in the University Medical Center of Utrecht from 2013 to 2017. My research was mainly on the ethical issues encountered by drug regulators during the assessment of marketing authorization applications. I also looked at the contribution of patient representatives in benefit-risk assessment tasks of EMA scientific committees.
In 2013, in the University of Utrecht, I defended my PhD dissertation entitled, “Ethical issues in postauthorization drug trials.” From 2008 to 2013, as a PhD fellow, apart from working on my dissertation, I also taught medical ethics and medical research ethics subjects.
In 2005, I earned my MA in Applied Ethics, cum laude, from both in the University of Utrecht and Linköping University. My MA thesis entitled, “An Investigation on the Aristotelian Foundations of Martha Nussbaum's Capabilities Approach and the Disability Issue Utilizing Nussbaum's Earlier Works on Aristotle” won the MA Thesis Award in 2007.
From 1998 to 2008, I have been teaching philosophy and ethics courses in Philippine universities and colleges.
In 1998, I earned my BA Humanities with specialization in Philosophy, magna cum laude, from the University of Asia and the Pacific.
- Marie Curie Scientia Postdoctoral Fellowship, Oslo University, March 2017 -- February 2019
- Postdoctoral Research Grant by the Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board, Sept 2015 – September 2016
- Postdoctoral Research Grant by Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board, March 2013 – February 2015
- Postdoctoral Research Grant by the Dutch Top Institute Pharma, September 2012 – February 2013
- PhD research fellowship by the Dutch Top Institute Pharma September 2008 – August 2012
- Scientia postdoctoral fellow (current)
- Assistant professor (2013 to 2017)
- PhD fellow (2008-2013)
- Philosophy and ethics instructor (1998-2008)
- the Dutch Top Institute Pharma
- the Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board
- the Dutch Health Inspectorate