Wenche Barth Eide
- Nutrition, specialising in Public Nutrition (including Public Health Nutrition) in its national and international dimensions.
- Relationship with international human rights with focus on economic, social and cultural rights (the right to adequate food, the right to health, etc.).
- The need to develop human resources/capacity building in these interdisciplinary areas.
- ERN2110 - Kosthold, samfunn og ernæringsepidemiologi
- ERN4321 - The World Nutrition Situation – Data and Issues
- ERN4322 - Nutrition, Globalisation and Governance
- ERN4323 - Nutrition and Human Rights
- Postgraduate Academic Diploma in Nutrition, University of London, 1965-66
- Cand. real. Zoology (Zoo-physiology), 1962
- Associate Professor, University of Oslo, Department of Nutrition (until 1997 under Nordic School of Nutrition), ending January 2005; temporarily employed January-February 2011; currently in emeritus position.
- Technical Adviser in Nutrition, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in Rome, from September 1989 - March 1994 (on leave from UiO).
Consultant, Norwegian Research Council (at the time Council for Research on Societal Planning, RFSP) 2 months in 1981 to draft a programme for research in economic, social and cultural rights, as developed by an expert committee.
Consultant to the UN System (UN Protein-Calorie Advisory Group, PAG) to lead an African-Norwegian team to prepare a first ever report of the UN on ”Women in Food Production, Food Handling and Nutrition”, on leave from UiO 18 months, 1975-1976.
- University Fellow, Institue for Nutrition Research, 1963-1966
- The Internationalisation Prize of the Oslo Student Parliament, 2005
- Member Board of Trustees, International Foundation for Science (IFS), 2008 -
- Member BOT of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Washington D.C., 1996-2003
- Member BOT of the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), 1995-1998
- Member of Norad’s Research Committee and of Central Committee for Norwegian Research (Hovedkomiteen for Norsk Forskning), several years from around 1980
- Leader, Centre for International Development Studies (SIU), University of Oslo, 1981-1988
- Central in the early developments of several North-South cooperative programmes between UiO and academic institutions in the third world: Generally in the case of Zimbabwe; Mali; specifically for nutrition in South Africa re. student mobility (UKZN, UCT, SU) and master supervision (UCT and SU).Collaboration with Community Law Centre, University of the Western Cape (UCWC) on promoting the right to food at Nutrition departments in South African universities.
- Currently Academic Coordinator in NOMA funded master programme on “Nutrition, Human Rights and Governance” with Stellenbosch University in Cape Town and Makerere University in Uganda 2010-2014.
- Eide, Wenche Barth & Eide, Asbjørn (2016). Regulations under international human rights law and under EU law - two different regimes that could be better harmonized?: the case of food and health. European Journal of Risk Regulation. ISSN 1867-299X. 7(4), s 728- 732
- Marais, M.L.; McLachlan, M.H. & Eide, Wenche Barth (2016). The NOMA track module on nutrition, human rights and governance: Part 1. Perceptions held by Master’s students.. African Journal of Health Professions Education. ISSN 2078-5127. 8(2), s 152- 159 Show summary
- Marais, M.L.; McLachlan, M.H. & Eide, Wenche Barth (2016). The NOMA track module on nutrition, human rights and governance: Part 2. A transnational curriculum using a human rights-based approach to foster key competencies in nutrition professionals. African Journal of Health Professions Education. ISSN 2078-5127. 8(2), s 160- 165 . doi: 10.7196/AJHPE.2016.v8i2.554
- Vogt, Line Erikstad; Rukooko, Byaruhanga; Iversen, Per Ole & Eide, Wenche Barth (2016). Human rights dimensions of food, health and care in children's homes in Kampala, Uganda - A qualitative study. BMC International Health and Human Rights. ISSN 1472-698X. 16(1) . doi: 10.1186/s12914-016-0086-y
- Rendal Torgersen, Karianne; Eide, Wenche Barth; Marais, Maritha & Iversen, Per Ole (2014). THE ROLE OF GRANDMOTHERS AS THE PRIMARY CAREGIVERS IN POOR HOUSEHOLDS AND THEIR OWN RIGHT TO ADEQUATE FOOD: EXAMINING TWO COMMUNITIES IN THE BREEDE VALLEY, WESTERN CAPE PROVINCE, SOUTH AFRICA. East African Journal of Peace and Human Rights. ISSN 1021-8858. 20, s 414- 436
- Eide, Wenche Barth (2015). Chapter 4. Strengthening food security through human rights: A moral and legal imperative and practical opportunity.. Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-82255-8. 21 s.
- Eide, Wenche Barth; Torheim, Liv Elin; Løvhaug, Anne Lene & Eide, Asbjørn (2017). Progress in defining and promoting respect for human rights in the food and nutrition-relevant business sector. UNSCN News. (42), s 95- 101
- Tømte, Aksel; Eide, Asbjørn; Eide, Wenche Barth & Erdal, Marit (ed.) (2017). Investments and Land Rights : the role of the private sector in ensuring responsible governance of tenure. NCHR Occasional Paper Series. 8/2017.
- Eide, Wenche Barth & Maunder, Eleni M.W. (2016). A Human rights-Based Approach to Community and Public Nutrition. Theoretical Underpinnings and Evolving Experiences, In Norman J Temple (ed.), Community Nutrition for Developing Countries. AU Press and UNISA. ISBN 978-1927356111. Chapter 1.
- Torheim, Liv Elin; Eide, Wenche Barth; Granheim, Sabrina IDO; Oshaug, Arne; Roalkvam, Sidsel; Afrim-Narh, Abraham Tetteh & Eide, Asbjørn (2014). “Big Food”challenges: Can the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights serve to promote the human rights to adequate food and health?.