The group cooperates with both national and international researchers.
In addition to collaborators within the department on current projects, I currently collaborate with a number of investigators within the institution (Anne-Lise Børresen-Dale, Åslaug Helland, Vessela Kristensen, Oslo University Hospital/Radiumhospitalet), within other institutions in Oslo (The Norwegian Cancer Registry: Tom Grotmol, Solveig Hofvind, Steinar Tretli), and the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (Sidsel Graff-Iversen, Solveig Sakshaug).
Across the country, current main collaborators include Lars Vatten, Norwegian Technical University (NTNU), Lars Akslen (University of Bergen), Inger Gram, (University of Tromsø).
Within Europe I currently collaborate with Isabel dos Santos Silva (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine), Andreas Stang (Martin Luther University, Halle, Germany) and Beata Peplonska (Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine).
Within the US, I have extensive collaborations:
- with investigators at the University of Southern California: (Brian Henderson, Malcolm Pike, Dennis Deapen, Frank Stanczyk, Darcy Spicer, Daniel Stram, Anna Wu).
- within the California Teachers Cohort Study: Northern California Cancer Center: (Pam Horn-Ross, Peggy Reynolds, Dee West), University of California, Irvine (Hoda Anton-Culver, Argyrios Ziogas), City of Hope, California: (Leslie Bernstein, Katie Henderson, James Lacey, Huiyan Ma), and others.
- on various mammographic density projects:
- At University of California, Los Angeles: Gail Greendale, Carolyn Crandall
- At City of Hope, California: Jeffrey Weitzel
- University of Hawaii: Gertraud Maskarinec
- University of Minnesota, Rochester: Celine Vachon
- On a green tea trial: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis: Mindy Kurzer, Jian-Min Yuan
- Within the Women’s Health Initiative Mammography study:
- Georgetown University, Washington D.C.: Celia Byrne
- Medical University of South Carolina: Etta Pisano
- BRCA1 breast cancer project: Joellen Schildkraut, Duke University
I also collaborate with John Hopper, at Melbourne University, Australia on another BRCA1 project.
In addition to those mentioned above, I am involved in several consortia projects that involve researchers throughout the world on both early onset breast cancer (led by Habibul Ahsan, University of Chicago) as well as mammographic density (led by Rulla Tamimi, Harvard, Celine Vachon, Minnesota and Isabel dos Santos Silva, UK).