Our main contributions in this area are as follows:
- A thorough mathematical treatment of the Marginal structural model (MSM) (Røysland, Bernoulli, 2010). This is the first complete mathematical analysis of this model.
- Development of an alternative to the MSM model, the name of the new method being: Sequential Cox regression (Gran et al, Statistics in Medicine, 2010). This is simpler and more intuitive than the MSM model, and less dependent on the instability of elaborate weighting procedures.
- Development of a Dynamic path analysis as a tool for analyzing direct and indirect effects in survival analysis (Fosen et al, Lifetime Data Analysis, 2006; Røysland et al, unpublished 2010).
- A general study of concepts of intervention and mediation (Aalen and Røysland, submitted, 2010).
- A dynamic approach for analyzing longitudinal data (Aalen and Gunnes, Biostatistics, 2010). Achievements in infectious disease are described by Birgitte Freiesleben de Blasio.