- Azqueta,A., Arbillaga,L., Lopez de Cerain,A., Collins,A. (2013) Enhancing the sensitivity of the comet assay as a genotoxicity test, by combining it with bacterial repair enzyme FPG. Mutagenesis 28, 271-277
- Magdolenova,Z., Collins,A., Kumar,A., Dhawan,A., Stone,V., Dusinska,M. Mechanisms of genotoxicity. A review of in vitro and in vivo studies with engineered nanoparticles. Nanotoxicology (in press)
- Lorenzo,Y., Costa,S., Collins,A.R., Azqueta,A. (2013) The comet assay, DNA damage, DNA repair and cytotoxicity: hedgehogs are not always dead. Mutagenesis 28, 427-432
- Azqueta,A., Collins,A.R. (2013) The essential comet assay: a comprehensive guide to measuring DNA damage and repair. Arch. Toxicol. 87, 949-968
- Collins,A.R. (2013) Measuring oxidative damage to DNA and its repair with the comet assay. Biochim. Biophys. Acta, (in press) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbagen.2013.04.022
- Azqueta,A., Langie,S.A., Slyskova,J., Collins,A.R. (2013) Measurement of DNA base and nucleotide excision repair activities in mammalian cells and tissues using the comet assay – A methodological overview. DNA Repair 12, 1007-1010
- Dusinska,M., Staruchova,M., Horska,A., Smolkova,B., Collins,A., Bonassi,S., Volkovova,K. (2012) Are glutathione S transferases involved in DNA damage signalling? Interactions with DNA damage and repair revealed from molecular epidemiology studies. Mutat. Res. 736, 130-137. [6 citations]
- Collins,A.R. and Azqueta,A. (2012) DNA repair as a biomarker in human biomonitoring studies; further applications of the comet assay. Mutation Res. 736,122-129 [14 citations]
- Azqueta,A., Gutzkow,K.B., Brunborg,G. and Collins,A.R. (2011) Towards a more reliable comet assay: optimising agarose concentration, unwinding time and electrophoresis conditions. Mutation Res. 724, 41-45 [16 citations]
- Brevik,A., Gaivão,I., Medin,T., Jørgensen,A., Piasek,A., Eliasson,J., Karlsen,A., Blomhoff,R., Veggan,T., Duttaroy,A.K. and Collins,A.R. (2011) Supplementation of a western diet with golden kiwifruits (Actinidia chinensis var.'Hort 16A'): effects on biomarkers of oxidation damage and antioxidant protection. Nutrition J. 10, 54 [15 citations]
- Collins,A.R. (2009) Investigating oxidative DNA damage and its repair using the comet assay. Mutat. Res. 681, 24-32 [73 citations]
- Azqueta, A., Shaposhnikov, S. and Collins, A.R. (2009) DNA oxidation: investigating its key role in environmental mutagenesis with the comet assay. Mutation Research-Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis, 674, 101-108. [49 citations]
- Gaivão, I., Piasek, A., Brevik, A., Shaposhnikov, S. and Collins, A.R. (2009) Comet assay-based methods for measuring DNA repair in vitro; estimates of inter- and intra-individual variation. Cell Biol. Toxicol. 25, 45-52. [38 citations].
- Dusinska, M. and Collins, A. (2008) The comet assay in human biomonitoring: gene-environment interactions. Mutagenesis 23, 191-205. [96 citations].
- Collins, A.R., Azqueta, A., Brunborg, G., Gaivão, I., Kruszewski, M., Smith, C. and Štětina, R. (2008) The comet assay: topical issues. Mutagenesis 23, 143-151. [271 citations].
- Collins, A.R. (2004) The comet assay for DNA damage and repair, Molec. Biotech. 26, 249-261. [764 citations].
Published Mar. 29, 2011 1:56 PM
- Last modified Nov. 27, 2013 8:18 AM