Nationally we have an excellent collaboration with several scientists within our own Department of Nutrition, and with professor Arild C. Rustan et al at Institute of Pharmacy, UiO, and professor Jørgen Jensen and Truls Raastad at the Norwegian Sports Academy.
We have also been able to develop a long-lasting interaction with pediatricians at Rikshospitalet, Ullevaal Hospital and A-hus making it possible to demonstrate the beneficial effects of polyunsaturated fatty acids of the n-3 as well as the 6 fatty acids on cognitive function among full term and premature infants.
The national collaboration has been very fruitful with scientists in Bergen (HUSK) and the Medical Birth Registry.
The international collaborators are mainly found in Europe due to the Framework program funds obtained the last decade.
- Professors Mike J Gibney and Helen Roche, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Professors Michael Müller, Ben van Ommen and Lydia Afman at Wageningen University and TNO, The Netherlands
- Researchers Teake Kooistra and Robert Kleemann at TNO, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Professor Saverio Cinti, Ancona University, Italy
- Professor John C. Mathers, Newcastle University, UK
- Professor Hannelore Daniel, Technical University, Munich, Germany
- Researcher Augustin Scalbert, INRA, Clermont-Ferrand, France