Exploiting the close cooperation between basic and clinical researchers, The K.G. Jebsen Inflammation Research Centre (JIRC) aims to rapidly transform knowledge of molecular disease mechanisms to proof-of-concept in humans.
Ten principal investigators (PIs/co-PIs, both laboratory- and clinically based) and ten associated clinical investigators combine their complementary scientific background and cutting-edge technologies to form an efficient and highly competitive consortium. JIRC will provide an optimal setting to train new talents of both genders and develop their careers as scientists. Cooperation and exchange with leading research institutions abroad will contribute to the advancement of the project.
There is an unmet medical need for new diagnostics and anti-inflammatory drugs to relieve the considerable individual suffering and reduce the huge socioeconomic cost associated with chronic inflammation. JIRC is highly likely to identify and validate putative biomarkers and therapies, promoting development of molecularly assisted and stratified medicine in inflammatory disease, producing patient benefit and society-added value and facilitating innovation and commercialization of outputs.
Principal Investigators and Co-investigators
- Guttorm Haraldsen, Professor, Head of Research, MD, PhD, Div. of Diagnost. and Intervention (DDI), Oslo University Hospital (OUH) and University of Oslo (UiO), Phone +4723071492, firstname.lastname@example.org, (JIRC Project Head)
- Pål Aukrust, Professor, Sr. Consultant, MD, PhD, Res. Inst. Internal Medicine/Section Clinical Immunology and Infectious Diseases, OUH and UiO.
- Tom H. Karlsen, Professor, Group Leader, MD, PhD, Res. Inst, Internal Medicine and Dept. of Organ Transplantation, Gastroenterology and Nephrology, Clinic for Specialized Medicine and Surgery, OUH.
- Dag Kvale, Professor, Head of Research, Sr. Consultant, MD, PhD, Dept. Infectious Diseases, Dvn. Medicine, OUH and UiO.
- Benedicte A. Lie, Professor, Group Leader, PhD, Department of Medical Genetics and Institute for Immunology, UiO and OUH.
- Tom Eirik Mollnes, Professor, Sr. Consultant, MD, PhD, Dept. Immunol., OUH and UiO.
- Johanna Olweus, Professor, MD, PhD, Sr Consultant and Head, Dept. Immunology, Inst. Cancer Research, OUH Radiumhospitalet and UiO.
- Kjetil Taskén, Professor, Centre Director, MD, PhD, Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway, Nordic EMBL Partnership and Biotechnology Centre, UiO.
- Arne Yndestad, Sr. Scientist, PhD. Res. Inst. Internal Medicine/Section Clinical Immunology and Infectious Diseases, OUH and UiO.
- Einar Martin Aandahl, Sr. Scientist, Consultant, MD, PhD, Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway, Nordic EMBL Partnership and Biotechnology Centre, UiO.
Associated Clinical Investigators (ACIs):
- Aksel Foss, Pål Dag Line, Anna Reisæter (Senior Consultants, Dept. Transplantation Medicine, OUH)
- Tore Kvien (Professor, Dept. Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital and UiO)
- Øyvind Molberg (Professor, Dept. Rheumatology, OUH and UiO)
- Christian Naper (Sr. Consultant, Dept. Immunology, OUH)
- Erik Schrumpf (Professor) and Kirsten Muri Boberg (Senior Consultant, Dept. Organ Transplantation, Gastroenterology and Nephrology, OUH) and Morten Vatn (Senior Consultant, Akershus University Hospital, Professor, UiO).
- Helge Scott (Senior Consultant, Dept. Pathology, OUH, Professor UiO)