Work performed in our group is directed towards the use stem and progenitor cells for tissue engineering of cartilage, bone and cardiovascular tissues.
In the process we aim to unravel molecular mechanisms for cell differentiation and de-differentiation, and to understand the interactions between cells, extracellular matrix and biomaterials.
In addition, we are interested in the possible role for microRNAs as biomarkers and in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Tissue engineering of hyaline cartilage
- Molecular mechanisms for chondrogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells
- Disease mechanisms and treatment strategies for osteoarthritis
- Tissue engineering of bone
- Tissue engineering of cardiovascular tissues
- Molecular mechanisms for neovascularization