Faculty participation at Arendalsuka
This year's Arendalsuka ("Week in Arendal") will take place from 13 to 18 August. Four research groups from the Faculty will hold mini-conferences.
M/S Sunnhordland. Foto: UiO
Arendalsuka is an annual national event where politicians and representatives of business and society meet each other and citizens for debate and policy design.
UiO has rented the ship MS Sunnhordland, and all the mini-conferences involving the Faculty’s researchers will take place here. The ship will be docked in the centre of the Arendal port area.
Four research groups with separate mini-conferences
Four research groups from the Faculty will hold mini-conferences.
- SERAF: Overdoses: Changes in risk groups, but no new measures. (In Norwegian.) Tuesday 14.08. 11:00-12:00
- NORMENT: Mental health disorders cost money: Are we doing enough research? (In Norwegian.) Tuesday 14.08. 13:30-14:30
- Centre for Global Health: Bacteria without borders - antimicrobial resistance. Wednesday 15.08. 08:00-10:00
- NSSF: What can we do about all the suicides? (In Norwegian.) Thursday 16.08. 14:30-15:45
Contributions to Life Science
In addition, our researchers will contribute to two mini-conferences organised by UiO Life Science:
- Life Science/LMI: The value of personalised medicine. (In Norwegian.) Wednesday 15.08. 10:30-12:00. Professor Kjetil Taskén from Faculty of medicine will take part.