Doctoral degree and research training
- PhD in medicine and health sciences
After you have completed a master's degree, you can take a PhD degree. The education is stipulated to three years.
- The Postdoctoral Programme
The Postdoctoral Programme is a career development programme for researchers at a postdoctoral level.
- School of Health Innovation
For healthcare and life science researchers with tools and insight into how innovation can be put to work for the benefit of patients, the healthcare system and our society.
- The Medical Student Research Program
The Medical Student Research Program (MSR) is an optional program for medical students at the University of Oslo who want to develop a research project during their medical studies.
- Dr. Philos
The degree of dr. philos does not form part of an organised programme.
- National research schools
The national research schools are formal networks for PhD training. They arrange joint courses and seminars, supplement supervision capacity and share laboratory facilities where relevant.
Researchers have now found out what happens when normal cells develop into breast cancer. This finding can lead to more individualized treatment: the right treatment in the right dosage for the right patient.
Antibiotic resistance is a major global problem. Nevertheless, we should not stop using antibiotics to treat urinary tract infections.
Analyses of sewage in Oslo reveal misuse of Ritalin, a medication normally given to patients with ADHD.
Centres of Excellence
K.G. Jebsen Centres
- K.G. Jebsen Centre for B cell malignancies
- K.G. Jebsen Centre for Cancer Immunotherapy
- K.G. Jebsen Center for Cardiac Research
- K.G. Jebsen Coeliac Disease Research Centre
- K.G. Jebsen Inflammation Research Centre
- K.G. Jebsen Centre for Influenza Vaccine Research
- K.G. Jebsen Psychosis Research Centre (In Norwegian)
Innovation is one of the cornerstones on which the faculty builds its activities. Do you want to learn more about health innovation, do you have an idea, or do you want to collaborate with us?
Scientia Fellows is an international postdoctoral fellowship programme which aims to support talented researcher to advance their scientific career and expand international research relations.