Throne-Holst grants - human nutrition and related sciences
The Throne-Holst Foundation promotes research in human nutrition and related sciences in Norway and Sweden. Annually the foundation awards approximately 1-2 million SEK to researchers. Next deadline is 1 March 2019.
Who can apply?
Three types of grants are awarded:
- Grants for Nordic researchers who wish to conduct postdoctoral studies at a leading international research center.
- Grants for PhD-students to study at an international leading center as a part of their education.
- Grants for guest researchers to allow internationally leading scientists to work with a Swedish or Norwegian research group.
What will be funded?
For 2019, the following grants are announced:
- Post.doc grants for research outside the applicant's country. Grants are awarded preferably within 6 years after disputation and will cover the researcher's own expenses to travel and accomodation between 1-2 years. Contribution to a spouse/partner is also possible.
- Grants to post.docs for shorter stays at a research center abroad that the the grantee's institution is already collaborating with, to study or learn special techniques.
- Grants to research students who need to study at an internationally leading center as a part of their research education. Grants are awarded for stays between 3-12 months.
- Guest researcher grants to internationally leading researchers who are willing to work in a Swedish or Norwegian research group for 1-6 months to stimulate the quality of the group.
How to apply
Go to the Throne-Holst foundation's website for more information on application procedures (in Swedish only). Deadline is 1 March 2019.