Personalised Medicine for Neurodegenerative Diseases
The EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) has an open call on personalised medicine for neurodegenerative diseases. Deadline pre-proposals: 12 March 2019.
The EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is the largest global research initiative aimed at tackling the challenge of neurodegenerative diseases.
Joint Transnational call 2019
The following neurodegenerative diseases are included in the call:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Parkinson’s disease and PD‐related disorders
- Prion diseases
- Motor neuron diseases
- Huntington’s disease
- Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
The Call will fund multinational projects on Precision Medicine in the following research areas:
- Diagnosis (e.g. biomarkers, imaging data, omics approaches, big data analyses)
- Prevention (e.g. biomarkers for studying novel treatments and interventions, co-morbidities, digital technologies, stratification within cohort studies and clinical trials)
- Care (e.g. improvement of social and health care systems, molecular profiling, imaging, lifestyle data)
Each proposal must involve a minimum of three and a maximum of six regular partners, including the coordinator, from at least three different countries that are participating in the call (list available on the call page).
For the Norwegian contribution Norwegian universities, university hospitals, non-university research institutes and university colleges may apply.
€2 million is available for Norwegian participants. More than €30 million in total have already been earmarked by JPND member countries and the European Commission for this action.
Pre-proposals: 12 March 2019 at 15:00h
Full proposals: 25 June 2019 at 15:00h
Go to call
You can read the full call here.