Personalised Medicine for Neurodegenerative Diseases
Pre-announcement on personalised medicine for neurodegenerative diseases from the EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND). Expected deadline: March 2019.
The EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is the largest global research initiative aimed at tackling the challenge of neurodegenerative diseases.
Joint Transnational call 2019:
will fund multinational projects on Precision Medicine in the following research areas:
- Diagnosis (e.g. biomarkers, imaging data, omics approaches, big data analyses)
- Prevention (e.g. biomarkers for studying novel treatments and interventions, co-morbidities, digital technologies, stratification within cohort studies and clinical trials)
- Care (e.g. improvement of social and health care systems, molecular profiling, imaging, lifestyle data)
The following neurodegenerative diseases are included in the call:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Parkinson’s disease and PD‐related disorders
- Prion diseases
- Motor neuron diseases
- Huntington’s disease
- Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
All details are subject to change until the final call announcement in January 2019.
For the Norwegian contribution Norwegian universities, university hospitals, non-university research institutes and university colleges may apply.
€2 million is available for Norwegian participants. More than €30 million in total have already been earmarked by JPND member countries and the European Commission for this action.
Pre-proposals: March 2018
Full proposal: Not known yet
Go to pre-announcement
You can read more here.