ERC Synergy Grant
The ERC Synergy Grant (SyG) is for 2 - 4 PIs and their teams, bringing together complementary skills in order to jointly address ambitious research problems in any field of research. Deadline: 10 November 2021.
Synergy Grants in brief
- Synergy grants support groups of minimum two to maximum four principal investigators of any age and nationality.
- No specific eligibility criteria regarding the academic training are foreseen for SyG. PIs must present an early achievement track-record or a ten-year track-record, whichever is most appropriate.
- PIs are expected to be innovative and active, having competitive track records as appropriate to their career stage.
- Proposals will be evaluated on the sole criterion of scientific excellence which, in the case the SyG, takes on the additional meaning of outstanding intrinsic synergetic effect.
- Proposals must demonstrate that the proposed research cannot be carried out by a single PI working alone.
Funding and duration
Projects may be of duration up to 6 years and have budgets up to 10 M€.
An additional EUR 4 M€ can be requested in some circumstances (i.e major equipment, start-up costs, access to facilities).
Please see the Work Programme for all details.
We are here to help
If you consider to apply to ERC Synergy Grant, please contact the External funding office as soon as possible for support with the proposal.