Proof-of-Concept Project – Research Commercialization from Publicly Funded Research
Commercialization projects shall contribute to increase the commercial exploitation of publicly funded research in Norway. The purpose of a Proof-of-Concept Project is to reduce the project’s uncertainty relating to technology and the market. Deadline: Open-ended.
The funding within this call must be used to reduce technological risks and increase the commercial application of results from publicly funded research. Some typical characteristics of these projects include
- When the Proof-Of-Concept project is concluded, the most critical questions and uncertainties have been clarified, so that the next stage of the commercialization process can begin
- Projects are based on research results that are sufficiently robust to develop new products, processes, or services that may be significant improvements to the state-of-the-art.
- The project will undertake clarifications in relation to technology and the market to reduce risk and increase the likelihood of successful commercialization of research results.
- The project is in a pre-commercial phase, not having received any revenues from the product or service related to the project.
- The projects are clear with regards to what will be obtained, clarified or developed at the end of the project.
The call is open to all thematic areas.
The call is open for these organizations:
- Research organizations approved by RCN
- Technology transfer offices (TTOs)
- Start-up companies originating from an approved research organization
The call is primarily for proposals for new projects that have not previously been awarded commercialization funding by the Research Council. The following exceptions apply:
- Qualification Projects that have received funding.
- Projects that have received support for a Commercialisation Project, where the concluded project can demonstrate successful proof-of-concept with a clear trigger effect, but other funding possibilities are not available due to the project’s risk profile and time-to-market.
Funding and project duration:
RCN covers 100% of eligible costs. Grant size per project is NOK 1.000.000 - 5.000.000.
Project duration is between 12-36 months
How to Apply:
For more information and How to Apply, please visit the RCN website.