Qualification Project – Research Commercialization from Publicly Funded Research
Commercialization projects shall contribute to increase the commercial exploitation of publicly funded research in Norway. The purpose of a qualification project is to undertake initial investigations into the commercial potential of research results. Deadline: Open-ended.
The funding within this call must be used to clarify the commercial potential of research results. Some typical characteristics of these projects include
- Qualification projects often precede Proof-of-Concept projects, thus being at the initial stages of the development processes.
- Projects are based on research results that are sufficiently robust to develop new products, processes, or services that may be significant improvements to the state-of-the-art.
- Project investigations shall provide paths for best courses of action in development, whether it may be further research, technology development and/or strategies.
- The project is in a pre-commercial phase, not having received any revenues from the product or service related to the project.
- The projects are clear with regards to what will be obtained, clarified or developed at the end of the project.
The call is open to all thematic areas.
Who may apply
- Research organisations approved by RCN
- Technology transfer offices (TTOs)
- Start-up companies originating from an approved research organisation
Funding and project duration:
RCN covers 100% of eligible costs. Grant size per project is NOK 200.000 - 500.000.
Project duration is between 3-12 months
How to Apply:
For more information and How to Apply, please visit the RCN website.