CCBIO903 Cancer research: Ethical, economic and social aspects, UiB - first deadline 04.11.19
Increasing integration and convergence between biomedical, ethical and social aspects have become an intrinsic part of cancer research. Cancer researchers and clinicians face important questions and dilemmas every day:
- How can we deal with the uncertainties in the lab, while maintaining the quality of our science?
- How can medical science contribute to debates on what is good for society?
- How can economic models help guide health care resource allocation?
This 9-days intensive course (5 ECTS) gives candidates the opportunity to discuss these questions in an open and participatory way, and gain knowledge on how to implement this in their research and their grant proposals. All PhD candidates within cancer research (in Norway and abroad) are welcome to apply. Other students and researchers are also welcome.
- When: 9-13 December 2019 and 6-9 January 2020
- Where: Haukeland campus, University of Bergen, Norway
Please note that external applicants need to apply for a right to study at the University of Bergen.