How to attract external funding
This course will be provided as part of a new course in communicating research which will be published during fall 2020.
The course gives advice on how to structure and write scientific proposals, and reviews the differences in writing styles for scientific publications and proposals. Career building elements are also included, and we will pay attention to the participant's individual CVs.
The course involves a series of presentations, two practical exercises, as well as in discussions and interaction. We expect all of our course participants to take an active part in the course.
We will cover two general topics:
- How to write scientific proposals and text analysis
- Career development and how to build a good CV
Expected learning outcomes
- Which are the relevant funding opportunities and what are their demands
- How to approach a call and structure a scientific proposal
- Understanding the structure, presentation form and important elements of a good CV
The course leaders are from the External Funding Unit at the Faculty of Medicine.
The course consists of seminars and teamwork with individual preparation. Signing up for the course, you are committed to attend both days of the programme, including preparatory activities.