School of health innovation for professors
How can you increase innovation in your lab? How can you combine being a scientist and a health innovator? These are some of the topics that will be discussed at the innovation course for professors.
School of Health Innovation is a collaborate initiative between UIO, NTNU, KI and KU.
We aim to provide life science researchers and clinicians with tools and insight into how innovation can be put to work for the benefit of patients, the healthcare system and our society.
We have since 2017 delivered courses to life science phds, post-docs and clinicians from our Nordic universities.
The course will be held in two different modules:
1) 22nd November, online. This module is optional and you can decide if you would like to participate.
2) 29th and 30th November, in person in Copenhagen.
After completion of the course the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the opportunities of health innovation and entrepreneurship for utilization of research
- Increase innovation and productivity in your lab/research group
- Utilize incentives in order to increase innovation in your lab/department
- Apply scientific background and knowledge of health innovation to address challenges and develop services and products within a clinical setting and a biopharma/medtech setting
- Use various business tools for ideation and feasibility studies; to develop, prototype and test solutions to user needs
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the Tech Transfer Office and other innovation support actors can support the commercialization process
- Apply the basics in financing a startup company from private and governmental funding bodies
- Assess their skills in health innovation and reflect on the exploitation of their own research
- Combine being a scientist and a health innovator/entrepreneur
Practical issues and expenses
There are no cost associated. Traveling, accommodation and meals are covered by the School of Health Innovation. Details will be shared upon enrolment.
Admission and submission
There are only 30 slots available for this course. You will find the application form clicking the link below. To apply, fill out the form and attach your CV and a short letter of motivation.
For further inquiries, contact:
Bjarte Reve, project manager for School of Health Innovation (HIS)
When & where
Dates: 22nd (digital) and 28-29th November 2021(Copenhagen)