Become a Host
Scientia Fellows hosts are universities and research institutes characterised by scientific excellence, quality in post-doctoral training and very good infrastructure.
Who can become a Host?
The programme is open to Host organisations from all over the world, willing to take part in Scientia Fellows outgoing mobility scheme. International Host organizations need to establish a collaboration (related to a future project of a Fellow) with a researcher employed by the Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo. The programme supports approximately 40% of the total fellowships' costs. Hosts must have the financial capacity to cover the remaining costs.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to become a Host
You need to:
1. Contact your groups Financial controller to confirm your budget.
2. Sign a financial declaration together with a legal representative (Institute leader/Head of Administration) from the Institute/Center at the Faculty of Medicine, UiO where the fellow will be employed, guaranteeing for your share of the expenses with the fellow (approximately 60%).
3. Fill in online form (data about the offered positions)
4. Scientia Fellows Office gets back to you with confirmation.
- You must decide and have approved by the Scientia Fellows Office (SFO) a 'broad thematic area' and an optional subfield for the position(s) you are announcing. They will be published on a Call website.
- The announcement will contain a link to the Scientist in Charge of the position and the group – please remember to have an updated personal and group profile in EN.
- As a potential host you are a part of the Candidate’s Application process.
- The online form (nettskjema) will be available from February 2019.
Responsibilities of a Host
Being a Host in the Scientia Fellows programme involve specific responsibilities.
The Host is committed to:
- Accept the contribution on the part of the Coordinator and cover the remaining costs of the fellowship.
- Provide research support to fellows, in particular regarding infrastructure, equipment and other services necessary for conducting the proposed research.
- Provide mentoring and access to training offered by the Host organisation.
When receiving a fellow:
- Your fellow will be assigned a HR case officer at the institute/center where she/he will be employed, who will handle the employment contract.
- The fellow must start on the first day of a month, no later than 6 months after the announced results
- When receiving a Fellow, UiOs international welcome Office can offer practical support (e.g. visa and work permits, researcher housing, relevant courses for international researchers et cetera)
- You may be asked, together with your fellow, to provide the Scientia Fellows Office with copies or reference numbers to relevant ethics approvals that must be in place before the project starts.
- The fellows must deliver short reports after each fellowship year.
- Scientia Fellows have, together with other postdoctoral fellows at the Faculty of Medicine, access to courses under the Postdoctoral program and School of Health Innovation.
- Fellows will have access to research costs (driftsmidler) which are meant to cover expenses related to their research poject, in addition to training and networking activities (participation on conferences, network meetings et cetera).