Become a Host
Hosts in Scientia Fellows are universities, research institutes and centres characterised by scientific excellence, quality in postdoctoral training and very good infrastructure.
Professor and Scientia Fellows Host Arnoldo Frigessi guides Scientia Fellow candidate Alvaro Köhn-Luque. Read about Köhn-Luques Scientia Fellows experience in this interview. Photo: Øystein Horgmo/UiO
What does Scientia Fellows offer?
- Co-financed post-doctoral positions: all Fellows will be employed by the UiO. There is a possibility to share the hosting costs between the partners in outgoing fellowship type or combine own financing from other non-EU sources.
- Access to excellent candidates from all over the world.
- Enhanced internationalisation and networking.
- Cross-sectoral cooperation. Encouragement for secondments/study visits out of academia, e.g collaboration on research activities with other sectors, such as industry, public and SME-sectors.
- Attractive positions: Marie Sklodowska-Curie status – a quality stamp for a researcher`s resume.
- Full-time employment contracts for Fellows 12-36 months.
- Access to extensive transferable skills courses (Postdoctoral programme and School of Health Innovation).
Incoming Fellowship – for postdoctoral researchers from all over the world* who apply to work at the University of Oslo (UiO) for 12-36 months.
Outgoing Fellowship - for postdoctoral researchers from all over the world* who apply to work in a host organisation outside of Norway (academic or other sector) for 12-24 months. The researcher will continue with a second phase at UiO for a period of 12 months.
During the fellowship period, secondments or short visits to non-academic sector (e.g. industry, governmental organisations, healthcare, business, SMEs) are possible and strongly encouraged.
*MSCA rule applies, i.e. applicant cannot have lived or worked in the target Host country for more than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the Call deadline.
Who can become a Host?
The programme is open to UiO researchers (the Faculty of Medicine) and their collaborating partners from all over the world, willing to take part in Scientia Fellows outgoing mobility scheme. The programme supports a part of the total fellowships' costs. Hosts must have the financial capacity to cover the remaining costs.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities of a Host
Being a Host in the SCIENTIA FELLOWS programme involves specific responsibilities.
The Host is committed to:
- Accept the contribution on the part of the Coordinator and cover the remaining costs of the fellowship.
- Provide research support to fellows, in particular regarding infrastructure, equipment and other services necessary for conducting the proposed research.
- Provide mentoring and access to training offered by the Host organisation.
- You may be asked, together with your Fellow, to provide the Scientia Fellows Office with copies or reference numbers to relevant ethics approvals that must be in place before the project starts.
When receiving a Fellow:
- Your Fellow will be assigned a HR case officer at the institute/center where they will be employed, who will handle the employment contract.
- When receiving a Fellow, UiOs International Staff Mobility Office can offer support (e.g. information about visa and work permits, researcher housing, relevant courses for international researchers etc.)
- Scientia Fellows have, together with other postdoctoral fellows at the Faculty of Medicine, access to courses under the Postdoctoral program and School of Health Innovation.
- Fellows will have access to research costs (driftsmidler) which are meant to cover expenses related to their research project, in addition to training and networking activities (participation on conferences, network meetings et cetera).
How to become a Host
You need to:
1. Contact your group's financial controller to confirm your budget.
2. Sign a financial declaration together with a legal representative (Institute leader/Head of Administration) from the Institute/Center at the Faculty of Medicine, UiO where the Fellow will be employed, guaranteeing for your share of the expenses of the fellowship.
3. Fill in the online form below (data about the offered positions) - deadline: 28th April 2019
- You must decide and have approved by the Scientia Fellows Office (SFO) a 'broad thematic area' and an optional sub-thematic area for the position(s) you are announcing. They will be published on a Call website.
- The announcement will contain a link to the Scientist in Charge of the position and the group – please remember to have an updated personal and group profile in EN.
4. Scientia Fellows Office gets back to you with a confirmation.