Thon Awards seminars 2016
Welcome to the second annual Thon Awards seminar.
From left: Jean-Pierre Changeux, Maiken Nedergaard, Menno P. Witter and Lene Juel Rasmussen. Photos: Private.
This is a unique seminar with the Olav Thon Foundation's International Research Awardees for Mathematics and Natural Science and Medicine 2016.
Talks on brain research will be held by International Research Prize winner Jean-Pierre Changeux and Research Awardees Maiken Nedergaard, Menno P. Witter and Lene Juel Rasmussen.
Register through the form below before February 22nd to attend the seminar.
12:00 - 12:15
Rector Ole Petter Ottersen, UiO
Welcome, introduction of Olav Thon, the Thon Foundation and Awards and the Thon awardees
- Professor Jean-Pierre Changeux, Institute Pasteur, France
- From allosteric interactions to the modulation of higher brain functions
- Professor Maiken Nedergaard, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- The glymphatic system - a new paradigm for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
Lunch served by Thon Hotels. Meet the young scientists
- Professor Menno P. Witter, NTNU, Norway
- Interactions between reelin and amyloid-beta in the entorhinal cortex
- Professor Lene Juel Rasmussen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Role of mitochondrial dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease: a search for therapeutic strategies
Registration for this seminar is closed.