Ethics collaboration with Thailand
Centre for Medical Ethics has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which formalizes their ethics collaboration with FERCAP and the ethical review committees of three faculties of medicine in Thailand.
Thailand’s ambassador to Norway Prasittiporn Wetprasit and Dean at the Faculty of Medicine Frode Vartdal were present at the signing.
The MOU is a result of the participation of Professor Juntra Karbwang Laothavorn from FERCAP (The Forum for Ethical Review Committees in the Asian and Western Pacific Region) and members of the Thai ethical review committees’ at Centre for Medical Ethics course: «Advanced module in International Research Ethics» in May.
– They experienced this course so relevant and rewarding that they wanted a more permanent collaboration with us in training new members of ethical review committees in the region, says Professor Jan Helge Solbakk.
The MOU was signed on 15 October at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Oslo.
– The Faculty of medicine welcome the new capacity building initiative. My hope is that the signed Memorandum of Understanding will prepare the ground for long-term and fruitful collaboration, says Dean Frode Vartal at the Faculty of Medicine at University of Oslo
Present at the signing
- Thailand’s ambassador to Norway, Prasittiporn Wetprasit
- Dean at the Faculty of Medicine UiO, Frode Vartdal
- Deputy Dean of Research, Hilde Irene Nebb
- Associate Dean of Medical Studies, Ingrid Os
- Associate Dean of the Faculty of Medicine’s bachelor and master programs, Kristin M. Heggen
- Professor Jan Helge Solbakk and Scientia Fellow, Rose Bernabe, Centre for Medical Ethics;
- Prof. Juntra Karbwang Laothavorn, MD, Chair, SIDCER-FERCAP Foundation
- Assist Prof. Phanthipha Wongwai, MD/ Director of KKUEC/ Khon Kaen University
- Assoc Prof Kwanchanok Yimtae, MD / Chair of the MFESGF program / Khon Kaen University
- Prof Tada Sueblinvong, MD/ Chair of CUmed IRB/ Chulalongkorn University
- Professor Dr. Prasit Watanapa, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University
- Professor Dr. Supachai Pathumnakul, Vice President, KhonKaen University
- and Professor Dr. Chairat Shayakul, Chair, Ethics Committee, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University