Anthony Sverre Wagstaff
Occupational medicine studies the relationship between the working environment and Human function and health, in order improve function at work and prevent negative health effects.
Aviation medicine studies the effects of Aviation and Space environments on Human health and perfomance, in order to optimise human performance and flight safety and prevent negative health effects.
- My research focuses on Aviation medicine, safety and performance.
- Medical School – Occupational medicine
- MB BCh BAO LRCSI LRCSI 1985 (RSCI Dublin) – Specialist in Occupational Health 2010,
- Diploma in Aviation Medicine 1997 (London).
- Doctor of Medicine (PhD) –University of Oslo 2001
- MBA 2005 (ESCP/EAP Paris and BI, Oslo)
- Norwegian Defence University college (sjefskurs 10) 2013.
- Main Position : Director, Institute of Aviation Medicine, Norwegian Armed Forces Medical Service, since 2006.
- President, European Society of Aerospace Medicine
- Academician, International Academy of Aviation and Space Medicine
- Fellow, Aerospace Medical Association
- Norwegian Institute of Occupational health
- Norwegian School of Sports Sciences - Olympiatoppen
- Norwegian Defence Research Establishment
- Goffeng, Elisabeth Martinsen; Nordby, Karl-Christian; Tarvainen, Mika P.; Järvelin-Pasanen, Susanna; Wagstaff, Anthony; Skare, Øivind & Lie, Jenny-Anne Sigstad (2019). Cardiac Autonomic Activity in Commercial Aircrew During an Actual Flight Duty Period. Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance. ISSN 2375-6314. 90(11), s 945- 952 . doi: 10.3357/AMHP.5389.2019 Show summary
- Goffeng, Elisabeth Martinsen; Wagstaff, Anthony; Nordby, Karl-Christian; Meland, Anders; Goffeng, Lars Ole; Skare, Øivind; Lilja, Didrik & Lie, Jenny-Anne Sigstad (2019). Risk of fatigue among airline crew during 4 consecutive days of flight duty. Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance. ISSN 2375-6314. 90(5), s 466- 474 . doi: 10.3357/AMHP.5236.2019 Show summary
- Goffeng, Elisabeth Martinsen; Nordby, Karl-Christian; Tarvainen, Mika P.; Järvelin-Pasanen, Susanna; Wagstaff, Anthony; Goffeng, Lars Ole; Bugge, Merete Drevvatne; Skare, Øivind & Lie, Jenny-Anne Sigstad (2018). Fluctuations in heart rate variability of health care workers during four consecutive extended work shifts and recovery during rest and sleep. Industrial Health. ISSN 0019-8366. 56(2), s 122- 131 . doi: 10.2486/indhealth.2017-0100 Show summary
- Meland, Anders; Fonne, Vivianne; Wagstaff, Anthony & Pensgaard, Anne Marte (2015). Mindfulness-Based Mental Training in a High-Performance Combat Aviation Population: A One-Year Intervention Study and Two-Year Follow-Up. The International journal of aviation psychology. ISSN 1050-8414. 25(1), s 48- 61 . doi: 10.1080/10508414.2015.995572 Show summary
- Hansen, Tor Are S.; Kåsin, Jan Ivar; Edvardsen, Anne; Christensen, Carl Christian & Wagstaff, Anthony Sverre (2012). Arterial Oxygen Pressure Following Whole-Body Vibration at Altitude. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. ISSN 0095-6562. 83(4), s 431- 435 . doi: 10.3357/ASEM.3195.2012
- Kåsin, Jan Ivar; Kjellevand, Tor Ole; Kjekshus, John; Nesheim, Geir B. & Wagstaff, Anthony Sverre (2012). CT Examination of the Pericardium and Lungs in Helicopter Pilots Exposed to Vibration and Noise. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. ISSN 0095-6562. 83(9), s 858- 864 . doi: 10.3357/ASEM.3209.2012
- Wagstaff, Anthony Sverre & Lie, Jenny-Anne Sigstad (2011). Shift and night work and long working hours - a systematic review of safety implications. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. ISSN 0355-3140. 37(3), s 173- 185 . doi: 10.5271/sjweh.3146 Show summary