- Public health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Health economics
- Medical education
- EU Hem 2015-dd
- Annual, half-day seminar on leadership for students at Executive Master Program in Health administration ( 2002-2012), UiO
- Lecture on leadership for fifth year Medical Students focusing on current challenges in the health care services and public health, ( 2002-2012), UiO
Global health leadership. Top level executive management . Implementation of politically decided, very extensive reorganization in the public health sector, Norway. Many years of experience as chair and member of boards. Quality improvement, strategic planning, health care management, change-management, management and leadership development, R&D, innovation, corporate governance, business establishment and development. Extensive experience in building networks and involving partners, stake-holders, organizations and patients.
MD, MHA, Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology, UiO, The Executive Course on Global Health Diplomacy, The Graduate Institute, Geneva, UN System Executive Interagency Management Programme, UNSSC
- Faculty Award (Nov 2012) University of Oslo, Faculty of Medicine. Efforts in research and innovation
- Head of Secretariat Global Coordination Mechanism for NCD, WHO 2014-dd
- Senior adviser, Non-communicable diseases and mental helath, WHO 2012-2014
- CEO South Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, 2007-2012
Allen L, Williams J, Townsend N, Mikkelsen B, Roberts N, Foster C, Wickramasinghe K. Socioeconomic status and non-communicable disease behavioural risk factors in low-income and lower-middle-income countries: a systematic review. Lancet Global Health. February 2017.
Allen L, Williams J, Townsend N, Mikkelsen B, Roberts N, Foster C, Wickramasinghe K. Poverty and risk factors for non-communicable diseases in developing countries: a systematic review. The Lancet. 2016 Nov 30;388:S17. (conference abstract)
Pullar J, Allen L, Townsend N, Williams J, Foster C, Roberts N, Mikkelsen B, Wickramasinghe K. Poverty and development interventions that address behavioural risk factors of non-communicable diseases in low and lower middle income countries: a systematic review. The Lancet. 2016 Nov 30;388:S97. (conference abstract)
Allen L, Williams J, Townsend N, Mikkelsen B, Roberts N, Wickramasinghe K. Socioeconomic status and alcohol consumption in low-income and lower-middle-income countries: a systematic review. Alcohol.
- Kaarbøe, Oddvar Martin; Chestnov, Oleg; Tea, Collins; Mikkelsen, Bente & Walsh, Siegfried (2017). Investing in healthier cities – multistakeholder action to prevent non ommunicable diseases. Eurohealth. ISSN 1356-1030. 23(3), s 9- 13 Full text in Research Archive.
- Mikkelsen, Bente; Aarseth, O; Petersen, H; Kjus, S; Brekke, Dag & Øien, IJ (1997). Veiledning i spesialistutdannelsen. [Guidance in continuing education. Advantage or aggragation?]. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. ISSN 0029-2001. 117(23), s 3381- 3384