- Health technology
- Philosophy of medicine
- (Bio)medical ethics
- Ethics in health technology assessment
- Philosophy of health sciences and technology
- Medical ethics
- Philosophy of science
- Philosophy of medicine and health care (basic concepts)
- Hva er sykdom [Ethical and epistemological challenges with the concept of disease]
- Ph.D in philosophy of medicine
- M.Sc. in biomedical engineering
- Philosophy and history of ideas
- United Nations Scientific Committee for Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR), member of expert group Attribution of health effects to radiation exposure, 2009-2011.
- Member of the National Board for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, 2010-14.
- Member of the Council for The Norwegian University for Science and Technology’s strategic program for medical technology, Trondheim 2009-2013.
- Member of working group on newborn screening by the Directorate of Health, 2008.
- Member of the Directorate for Health and Social Affairs, reference group for biopolitical issues (Bioreferansegruppa), 01.07.2007-01.07.2010.
- Member of working group in EUNETHTA (European Network for HTA Agencies) in the elaboration of a ”core model” for integrating ethics in health technology assessment, 2006.
- Board member, Ethics program, University of Oslo, 2006-9.
- EUNETHTA (European Network for HTA Agencies)
- Working Group on Ethics i International Network of Agencies for Health Technology Assessments (INAHTA), 2005-
- Gransjøen, Ann Mari; Thorsen, Kjetil; Lysdahl, Kristin Bakke; Wiig, Siri & Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2021). Impact on radiological practice of active guideline implementation of Musculoskeletal guideline, as measured over a 12-month period. Acta Radiologica Open. ISSN 2058-4601. 10(3), s 1- 9 . doi: DOI: 10.1177/2058460120988171 Full text in Research Archive.
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2021). Internal barriers to efficiency: Why disinvestments are so difficult. Identifying and addressing internal barriers to disinvestment of health technologies. Health Economics, Policy and Law. ISSN 1744-1331. s 1- 16 . doi: 10.1017/S1744133121000037
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten & Lysdahl, Kristin Bakke (2021). Diagnostic Uncertainties in Medical Imaging. Analysing, Acknowledging and Handling Uncertainties in the Diagnostic Process, In Elisabetta Lalumera & Stefano Fanti (ed.), Philosophy of Advanced Medical Imaging. Springer Nature. ISBN 978-3-030-61414-0. 2. s 13 - 30
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten; Reid, Lynette; Carter, Stacy & Rogers, Wendy (2021). Overdiagnosis: one concept, three perspectives, and a model. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). ISSN 0393-2990. . doi: 10.1007/s10654-020-00706-4
- Hofmann, Bjørn; Oftestad, Eivor Andersen & Magelssen, Morten (2021). Hva vil vi med fosterdiagnostikken? Fosterdiagnostikkens etikk. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. ISBN 9788202693992.
- Hofmann, Bjørn (2021). Improper data use: a bias distorting research results. Show summary
- Hofmann, Bjørn (2021). Polarized research.
- Hofmann, Bjørn (2021). Predatory Publishing.
- Hofmann, Bjørn (2021). Spin of research results.
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten & Lysdahl, Kristin Bakke (2021). Types of diagnostic uncertainty – defining them and addressing them.