- Health technology
- Philosophy of medicine
- (Bio)medical ethics
- Ethics in health technology assessment
- Philosophy of health sciences and technology
- Medical ethics
- Philosophy of science
- Philosophy of medicine and health care (basic concepts)
- Hva er sykdom [Ethical and epistemological challenges with the concept of disease]
- Ph.D in philosophy of medicine
- M.Sc. in biomedical engineering
- Philosophy and history of ideas
- United Nations Scientific Committee for Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR), member of expert group Attribution of health effects to radiation exposure, 2009-2011.
- Member of the National Board for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, 2010-14.
- Member of the Council for The Norwegian University for Science and Technology’s strategic program for medical technology, Trondheim 2009-2013.
- Member of working group on newborn screening by the Directorate of Health, 2008.
- Member of the Directorate for Health and Social Affairs, reference group for biopolitical issues (Bioreferansegruppa), 01.07.2007-01.07.2010.
- Member of working group in EUNETHTA (European Network for HTA Agencies) in the elaboration of a ”core model” for integrating ethics in health technology assessment, 2006.
- Board member, Ethics program, University of Oslo, 2006-9.
- EUNETHTA (European Network for HTA Agencies)
- Working Group on Ethics i International Network of Agencies for Health Technology Assessments (INAHTA), 2005-
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2020). Biases distorting priority setting. Health Policy. ISSN 0168-8510. 124(1), s 52- 60 . doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthpol.2019.11.010
- Gransjøen, Ann Mari; Lysdahl, Kristin Bakke & Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2019). Geographical variations in the use of diagnostic imaging of musculoskeletal diseases in Norway. Acta Radiologica. ISSN 0284-1851. 60(9), s 1153- 1158 . doi: 10.1177/0284185118812204
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2019). Back to Basics: Overdiagnosis Is About Unwarranted Diagnosis. American Journal of Epidemiology. ISSN 0002-9262. 188(10), s 1812- 1817 . doi: 10.1093/aje/kwz148
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2020). New technologies in health care – disrupting practices, professions, and societies?.
- Bond, Kenneth; Hofmann, Bjørn Morten; Legault, George; Refolo, Pietro; Sacchini, Dario; Sandman, Lars & Wilt, Gert Jan van der (2019). Introduction to Ethics in Health Technology Assessment.
- Bratlie, Sigrid; Halvorsen, Kristin; Myskja, Bjørn Kåre; Mellegård, Hilde; Bjorvatn, Cathrine; Frost, Petter; Heiene, Gunnar Harald; Hofmann, Bjørn Morten; Holst-Jensen, Arne; Holst-Larsen, Torolf; Malnes, Raino Sverre; Paus, Benedicte; Sandvig, Bente; Sjøli, Sonja Irene; Skarstein, Birgit; Thorseth, May Britt; Vagstad, Nils; Våge, Dag Inge & Borge, Ole Johan (2019). A novel governance framework for GMO : a tiered, more flexible regulation for GMOs would help to stimulate innovation and public debate. EMBO Reports. ISSN 1469-221X. s 1- 4 . doi: 10.15252/embr.201947812
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2019). Aktiv biopolitikk ved livets slutt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. ISSN 0029-2001. 139(13) . doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.19.0502
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2019). Artificial ethics for artificial intelligence?.
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2019). Autonomy Lost. Autonomy Regained?.
- Hofmann, Bjørn Morten (2019). Balancing on the edges of medicine: What is the role of ethics and philosophy?”.