- Infectious diseases epidemiology and control
- Infection and immunity, including vaccines and vaccinations, and immunodiagnosis
- Neglected tropical diseases
- Global Health
- PhD in immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (2002)
- MSc, Microbiology/parasitology, Faculty of Natural Sceinces, Addis Abeba University (1993)
- Senior scientist, University of Oslo, 2018 - present
- Scientist, University of Oslo, 2007-2018
- Postodctoral fellow, University of Oslo, 2005-2007
- PhD fellow, University of Oslo, 1997-2002
- Head, Schistosomiasis Unit, 1987-1991
- Lecturer and researcher, Addis Abeba University, 1983-1996
- Member, Tuberculosis Vaccine Initiative, 2012- present.
- Member, Network of NGOs for Neglected Tropical Diseases. 2017-present.
- Associate editor (editorial board member), BMC Public Health, 2009-2017.
- Special issue editor (editorial board member), OMICS – Immunomycobacteriology ( Journal of Mycobacterial Diseases), 2009-2017.
- Member, Stop TB, New diagnostics Working Group (NDWG), 2010 - present
- Chairman, Laboratory and Animal House Management Committee, Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology, Addis Abeba University, 1993-1996
- Secretary, Inter-institutional Collaboration Committee (CIC) for the control of Tropical diseases in Ethiopia, 1990-1996
- Secretary, Research and Publications of Committee of Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology, Addis Abeba University, 1989-1996
Published Apr. 13, 2011 2:45 PM
- Last modified Feb. 1, 2019 11:29 AM