- Female genital cutting
- Ritual circumcision of boys
- Intimate cosmetic surgery
- Genital surgery for intersex infants
- Genital surgery for transpersons
- Genital piercing as part of erotic activity
- National identity
- Global health
- Minority health
- Stigma and empowerment
- Violence in close relationships
- Postdoctoral fellow (2020-): Genital cutting: (re)constructing what? Comparing the medicalisation of six different genital cutting practices. Department of Community Medicine and Global Health, Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo.
- PhD in Medicine and Health (2014-2020): A qualitative study on female genital cutting among Kurdish-Norwegians. Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies/University of Oslo.
- Project coordinator (2019): National guideline for the health care and social services' work on violence in close relationships. Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies.
- Higher executive officer/Advisor in study- and research administration at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo (2012-2014, 2019-2020).
- MPhil in International Community Health (2010-2012): Eradicating female genital cutting: Understanding reality conceptions : A study on perceptions of female genital cutting in Hargeisa, Somaliland (Somalia). Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo.
- BA in Anthropology and Development Studies (2008-2010). Victoria University of Wellington, New Zeland.
- Arabic language, 60 ECTS (2007). Centre for Arabic Language and Eastern Studies, Yemen.
- Nominated for best master thesis of the year with a gender perspetive 2012 Centre for Gender Research, University of Oslo.
- Norwegian Women's Public Health Association
Published Aug. 31, 2020 9:58 AM
- Last modified Dec. 16, 2020 3:51 PM