Research interests within global health policy:
- Health systems strengthening, including priority setting and public health interventions
- Global health security, including pandemic preparedness and antimicrobial resistance
- Development assistance for health
- MD, PhD
- Currently Executive Director at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health; Associate Professor at the University of Oslo; and Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Ottawa.
- Directs the Oslo Group on Global Health Policy
- Previously worked with the Norwegian Committee on Priority Setting in the Health Sector; the WHO Consultative Group on Equity and Universal Health Coverage; the Centre on Global Health Security at Chatham House; the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; and the UN Special Envoy on Ebola.
Download CV (pdf)
- Department of International Public Health, Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- Global Health Priorities Research Group, Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care, University of Bergen
- Global Strategy Lab, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Department of Medical Ethics & Health Policy, University of Pennsylvania
- Department of Bioethics, National Institutes of Health, US