AWARD CEREMONY: Tore Godal Receives the King’s Medal of Merit
Join us in honouring Tore Godal's life achievements in global vaccination and immunization as he receives the King's Medal of Merit in Oslo on 23 November 2019.
Tore Godal (Photo: Morten Rakke)
AWARD CEREMONY: Tore Godal receives the King’s Medal of Merit
15:00-16:00 (Gamle festsal)
Dr. Tore Godal is recognized worldwide for his success in fighting infectious diseases and in significantly reducing child mortality and improving maternal health. His initiatives in the fields of vaccine and immunization have contributed decisively to saving the lives of millions of people. Join us in celebrating Tore Godal when he receives the King’s Medal of Merit for his long service to global health.
- Svein Stølen, Rector, University of Oslo
- Ine Marie Eriksen Søreide, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Norway
- Jens Stoltenberg, Secretary General of NATO and former Prime Minister, Norway
Award of the King’s Medal of Merit
presented by - Marianne Aasen
- Kvartett Saphir
Moderator: Anne Grosvold
HONORARY SEMINAR: 49 years in global health — lessons for the future of priority setting
11:30-14:00 (Gamle festsal)
In each recent decade, different priorities have dominated the global health field. What can we learn from the past half century with regard to the drivers of shifting priorities, as we move from the Millennium Development Goals to the era of the Sustainable Development Goals and beyond?
- Camilla Stoltenberg, Director General, Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- Dag-Inge Ulstein, Minister of International Development, Norway
- John-Arne Røttingen, Chief Executive Officer, Research Council of Norway
- Peter Smith, Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Sigrun Møgedal, former State Secretary and Ambassador for AIDS and Global Health, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Jonas Gahr Støre, leader of the Norwegian Labour Party, former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Norway, and former Chief of Staff in the World Health Organization
- Seth Berkley, CEO of Gavi
- Agnes Binagwaho, Vice Chancellor of the University of Global Health Equity, Rwanda, and former Minister of Health, Rwanda
Abebe Genetu Bayih, Director General of Armauer Hansen Research Institute, Ethiopia
Kalipso Chalkidou, Professor of Practice in Global Health, School of Public Health, Imperial College London
Ole Frithjof Norheim, Professor, University of Bergen, and Adjunct Professor, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Andrea S. Winkler, Professor and Director, Centre for Global Health, UiO
Agnes Binagwaho, Vice Chancellor of the University of Global Health Equity, Rwanda, and former Minister of Health, Rwanda
Panel moderator: John-Arne Røttingen, Chief Executive Officer, Research Council of Norway
A lunch will be served in the Stallen at Professorboligen between the seminar and the ceremony 14:00-15:00 for registered guests (use the register button above). We would like to be environmentally friendly by not producing waste. If at a later time you're unable to attend it is important you unregister or simply notify us.