Healthcare Business: Partnerships with Multi-Sectoral Approaches - German-African Healthcare Forum/World Health Summit 2019
The Centre for Global Health is leading a debate in the 6th German-African Healthcare Forum, co-organized by German-African Business Association (Afrika-Verein) and the German Health Alliance.
The 6th German-African Healthcare Forum this year will focus on Healthcare Business: Partnerships with Multi-Sectoral Approaches. This Forum is organized in collaboration with the World Health Summit 2019.
During this event some of the questions that will be raised include: What public health system changes do we need to truly facilitate a One Health approach? How do we unlock the potential of private sector to achieve One Health? What are the strategies for appropriate One Health entry points?
Prof. Dr. Andrea Winkler, Director, Centre for Global Health (UiO) and Co-Chair of the Lancet One Health Commission will co-chair an Expert Dialogue (One Health) Panel with Dr. John Amuasi, Executive Director, African Research Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine (KNUST), Ghana, and Co-Chair of the Lancet One Health Commission.
The panel will include:
- H.E. Chief Dr Jewel Taylor, Vice President, Republic of Liberia
- Dr. Maria Flachsbarth, Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany
- Oyeronke Oyebanji, Technical Assistant to the Director General Nigeria, Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Nigeria
- Representative of Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
- Joseph Leenhouts-Martin, Senior Director, Strategic Alliances & Global Public Health Johnson & Johnson
CGH will also be participating in the World Health Summit, see events here.