The Oslo Research Network on Sexual and Reproductive Health
The Oslo Research Network on Sexual and Reproductive Health aims to facilitate research and collaboration on sexual- and reproductive health, and to inform policy and practice in Norway and the global South.
What does the network do?
The activities will target the following three areas:
- Collaboration: Presenting and sharing expertise for research proposals and project plans
- Knowledge development: Provide a platform for quality improvement/peer review and joined publication for PhD students and senior researchers.
- Knowledge sharing: Sharing updated knowledge and research findings with peers as well as decision makers and user groups through different fora (conferences, seminars, newsletters and our website)
The network has three main activities:
- Newsletter: Regular newsletters are distributed to all members and registered users with important news, updates and highlights.
- Joined production of special series: The Oslo Research Network on Sexual and Reproductive Health intends to stimulate members to join in the delivery of a special issue for selected journals to disseminate and promote relevant research to the academic audience.
- Quarterly Seminars: On a quarterly basis the Oslo Research Network on Sexual and Reproductive Health organizes seminars on a wide range of topics within the relevant research priorities. Members are invited to provide speakers, share the event with their wider network and participate in panels and discussions.
Members of the network
Several research groups across Oslo are active within the field of sexual and reproductive health. The following organizations are active members of the network
- Norwegian Center for Violence and Traumatic Stress studies (NKVTS)
- Institute of Public Health (NIPH)
- Institute for health and society at University of Oslo (HELSAM)
- Centre for Development and the Environment at University of Oslo (SUM)
- National Advisory Unit for Women's Health and Department of Obstetrics, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet
The core group is hosted by the Centre for Global Health and facilitates the implementation of activities. The group is formed by representatives of the active member organizations.