How We Work
Women in Global Health Norway identifies as a national chapter with functions and activities that are relevant to the national context.
Strengthening connections within the field of Global Health in Norway by:
- connecting to a global movement that brings together all genders and backgrounds to achieve gender equality in global health leadership;
- establishing a human resource base for sharing job and collaborative opportunities;
- creating a focal point for opportunities for women in global health in Norway;
- organizing events for networking between our members, the Global Health community at large and other partners in Norway;
- providing mentor ship opportunities on an individual level;
- supporting selected sister-networks to build capacities for equal opportunities and women in leadership worldwide.
The aim of Women in Global Health Norway (WGH Norway) is to strengthen the position of human resources in global health and to connect and advocate for gender equality within UN organizations, aid and development agencies, academia, public and private sectors.
WGH Norway serves as an independent country chapter in the Women in Global Health (WGH), a global movement that brings together people of all genders and backgrounds to achieve gender equality in global health leadership.
WGH Norway will work for the right to attain equal levels of female participation in leadership and decision-making related to global health, in all levels of society.
As the national chapter of WGH, the network shares the vision of a diverse, gender-balanced leadership, which is key for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The secretariat will:
- ensure that all national activities and policies under the WGH Norway umbrella are in line with the signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with WGH Global
- maintain the contact with the other WGH chapters and WGH Global
- maintain the webpages and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
- create an online resource base
- create a call for organizing an annual conference
- call for standard power point presentations that can be available from the webpage for people to cut and paste from