How We Work
Women in Global Health (WGH) Norway identifies as a national chapter with functions and activities that are relevant to the national context.
Strengthening connections within the field of global health in Norway by:
- connecting to a global movement that brings together all genders and backgrounds to achieve gender equality in global health leadership;
- creating a focal point for opportunities for women in global health in Norway;
- supporting selected sister-networks to build capacities for equal opportunities and women in leadership worldwide.
The overarching aims of WGH Norway include supporting women in global health and mitigating barriers that deter women from leadership roles in global health, nationally and globally. Four objectives operationalize these aims:
By 2026 with the assistance and support from the WGH Norway Secretariat, Advisory Group and Special Counselors, WGH Norway will have:
WGH Norway will prioritize:
- networking, connecting and sharing (including maintenance of all online platforms and resources);
- organizing and facilitating activities including the annual conference, seminars, workshops and webinars pertinent to the SDGs;
- selecting chapters in the Global South for capacity development and training;
- providing leadership skills training and opportunities to WGH Norway members;
- further aligning with the global health community at large, nationally and internationally including the Nordic, other WGH chapters and the global WGH community;
- ensuring that all national activities and policies are in line with the signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with WGH Global.