The Krauss group
Prof. Stefan Krauss is director of the Centre of Excellence Hybrid Technology Hub and is working at the Institute of Medical Biology, University of Oslo and the Oslo University Hospital. Stefan Krauss discovered the key vertebrate signal Shh and has studied aspects of WNT and HH signaling in different models. Research in the Krauss group focuses on developing and validating novel signaling pathway inhibitors. The group recently moved into “organ on a chip” technology and is focusing on using embryological strategies such as morphogenetic gradients, induction and vascularization to advance organoid development and integration. The current model systems in the laboratory are liver and WAT.
- Anumala UR, Waaler J, Nkizinkiko Y, Ignatev A, Lazarow K, Lindemann P, Olsen PA, Murthy S, Obaji E, Majouga AG, Leonov SV, von Kries JP, Lehtiö L, Krauss S*, Nazaré M*. (shared last authorship) (2017) Discovery of a Novel Series of Tankyrase Inhibitors by a Hybridization Approach. J Med Chem. 2017 Nov 20. doi: 10.1021/acs.jmedchem.7b00883. PMID: 29155568
- Zhong L, Ding Y, Bandyopadhyay G, Waaler J, Borgeson E, Smith S, Zhang M, Phillips S, Mahooti S, Mahata S, Shao S, Krauss S, Chi NW (2015) The PARsylation activity of tankyrase in adipose tissue modulates systemic glucose metabolism in mice. Diabetologia. 2016 Mar;59(3):582-91. doi: 10.1007/s00125-015-3815-1. Epub 2015 Dec 2. PMID: 26631215
- Voronkov A, Holsworth DD, Waaler J, Wilson SR, Ekblad B, Perdreau-Dahl H, Dinh H, Drewes G, Hopf C, Morth JP, Krauss S (2013) Structural basis and SAR for G007-LK, a lead stage 1,2,4-triazole based specific tankyrase 1/2 inhibitor J Med Chem, 56 (7), 3012-23. PMID: 23473363
- Lau T, Chan E, Callow M, Waaler J, Boggs J, Blake RA, Magnuson S, Sambrone A, Schutten M, Firestein R, Machon O, Korinek V, Choo E, Diaz D, Merchant M, Polakis P, Holsworth DD, Krauss S, Costa M (2013) A novel tankyrase small-molecule inhibitor suppresses APC mutation-driven colorectal tumor growth. Cancer Res, 73 (10), 3132-44. PMID: 23539443
- Waaler J, Machon O, Tumova L, Dinh H, Korinek V, Wilson SR, Paulsen JE, Pedersen NM, Eide TJ, Machonova O, Gradl D, Voronkov A, von Kries JP, Krauss S (2012) A novel tankyrase inhibitor decreases canonical Wnt signaling in colon carcinoma cells and reduces tumor growth in conditional APC mutant mice Cancer Res, 72 (11), 2822-32. PMID: 22440753