As a Postdoctoral Scientia Fellow I am interested in understanding the role of Autophagy in lipid metabolism and the interactions between Lipid Droplets and the autophagosomes. I am focusing on investigating the role of Autophagy in health and disease and understanding the molecular mechanisms defining this process. I am interested in cell signalling, basic cellular biology and immunology.
PhD in Inflammation and Inflammatory Disease, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, School of Clinical Sciences, under the 1+3 MRC PhD Programme, September 2011- September 2016
Thesis title: “Autophagy as a control mechanism in Human Papilloma Virus infection”
Master by Research in Biomedical Science (As part of the 1+3 MRC PhD Programme) (B), The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, School of Clinical Sciences, September 2011- September 2012
Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (Distinction), Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece, Medical School in collaboration with Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, February 2009-February 2011
Ptychion in Molecular Biology and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, October 2003-October 2008
- 2 year Marie Curie Scientia Fellowship, October 2016- September 2018
- College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh Scholarship in the academic year 2011-2015
- Medical Research Council Scholarship in the academic year 2011-2015Thomas and Margaret Rodin Fund award of £1000, August 2015
- Innovation Initiative Grant of £2,000 from the University of Edinburgh Development Trust, December 2012
- Society for General Microbiology Spring Conference – Liverpool 14-17 April 2014 awarded a grant of £350 from the Postgraduate Student Conference Grants towards attendance at the above conference
- European Network of Immunology Institutes- European Federation of Immunological Societies/ European Journal of Immunology Grant for the attendance of the 9th Summer School, 5-12 May 2014 in Alghero, Sardinia
- Society for General Microbiology Spring Conference - Manchester 25-28 March 2013 awarded a grant of £450 from the Postgraduate Student Conference Grants towards attendance at the above conference
- Postgraduate Campaigns Representative of Edinburgh University Student Association (EUSA), March 2012-March 2013
- Member of the Autophagy UK Network student and postdoc committee April 2015-September 2016.
- Member of the Queens Medical Research Institute Postgraduate committee, 2012-2013.
- Research Assistant at Queens Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh in collaboration with LEO Pharma Open Innovation, Copenhagen, November 2016-today
- Research Associate at Apoptosis and Cancer Immunology Laboratory (AKIL), Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey February 2011-July 2011
- Researcher on clinical diagnostic tests, Alexandroupolis General Hospital, Clinical Pharmacology Laboratory, Greece, October 2007-December 2009
Cristin returned 'not found'