Hadi Fanaee Tork
Personal page: www.fanaee.com
Hadi Fanaee-T completed his PhD (with distinction) in Computer Science, under supervision of Professor Joao Gama at the Faculty of Science of University of Porto, Portugal in November 2015. He was the finalist in ERCIM Cor Baayen Young Researcher Award 2017. Presently, he is a postdoctoral fellow at the department of biostatistics, University of Oslo, Norway working on high dimensional data integration and analysis with applications to omics data analysis. Prior to this he was a postdoctoral researcher in European FP7 Project "MAESTRA" at INESC TEC research institute, Portugal. His main research interests are interdisciplinary applications of tensor decompositions, data fusion, anomaly/event detection and spatiotemporal data mining. He is the first-author of several journal and conference papers. He has served as a PC member to over 20 prestigious conferences (e.g. IJCAI, AAAI, ECML-PKDD, ISMIS, ACM SAC, IEEE DSAA, etc.) and also reviewer to several high-impact journals (e.g. TDKE, TKDD, DAMI, ML, KAIS, KBS, CSUR). Dr. Fanaee was an invited talk at the summer school on "mining big and complex data" held in Ohrid, Macedonia, September 2016 (available in videolectures) . He is co-advising three PhD students, and a Master's student. He also concluded the supervision of a visiting PhD student, and a research fellow. He is leading the SimTensor project.
- Tensor Analysis
- Anomaly Detection
- Time series Analysis
- Spatio-temporal Data Mining
- Fernandes, Sofia; Tork, Hadi Fanaee & Gama, Joao (2019). Evolving Social Networks Analysis via Tensor Decompositions: From Global Event Detection Towards Local Pattern Discovery and Specification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). ISSN 0302-9743. 11828 LNAI, s 385- 395 . doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-33778-0_29
- Tork, Hadi Fanaee & Thoresen, Magne (2019). Multi-insight visualization of multi-omics data via ensemble dimension reduction and tensor factorization. Bioinformatics. ISSN 1367-4803. 35(10), s 1625- 1633 . doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/bty847
- Tork, Hadi Fanaee & Thoresen, Magne (2019). Performance evaluation of methods for integrative dimension reduction. Information Sciences. ISSN 0020-0255. 493, s 105- 119 . doi: 10.1016/j.ins.2019.04.041
- Fernandes, Sofia; Tork, Hadi Fanaee & Gama, Joao (2018). Dynamic graph summarization: a tensor decomposition approach. Data mining and knowledge discovery. ISSN 1384-5810. 32(5), s 1397- 1420 . doi: 10.1007/s10618-018-0583-9
- Ullah, Sami; Daud, Hanita; Dass, Sarat Chandra; Tork, Hadi Fanaee & Khalil, Alamgir (2018). An Eigenspace approach for detecting multiple space-time disease clusters: Application to measles hotspots detection in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. PLOS ONE. ISSN 1932-6203. 13(6), s 1- 13 . doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0199176 Full text in Research Archive.
- Fernandes, Sofia; Tork, Hadi Fanaee & Gama, Joao (2019). Evolving Social Networks Analysis via Tensor Decompositions: From Global Event Detection Towards Local Pattern Discovery and Specification, In Discovery Science 22nd International Conference, DS 2019, Split, Croatia, October 28–30, 2019, Proceedings. Springer. ISBN 978-3-030-33777-3. Networks. s 385 - 395
- Eslami Nosratabadi, Hamid; Tork, Hadi Fanaee & Gama, Joao (2017). Mobility Mining using Nonnegative Tensor Factorization. Show summary
- Fernandes, Sofia; Tork, Hadi Fanaee & Gama, Joao (2017). The Initialization and Parameter Setting Problem in Tensor Decomposition-Based Link Prediction. Show summary