Wenche Barth Eide
- Nutrition, specialising in Public Nutrition (including Public Health Nutrition) in its national and international dimensions.
- Relationship with international human rights with focus on economic, social and cultural rights (the right to adequate food, the right to health, etc.).
- The need to develop human resources/capacity building in these interdisciplinary areas.
- The need to promote methodological research in the interface between public health nutrition and human rights norms/principles and practice
- ERN3200 - Preventive and clinical nutrition
- Postgraduate Academic Diploma in Nutrition, University of London, 1965-66
- Cand. real. Zoology (Zoo-physiology), 1962
- Associate Professor, University of Oslo, Department of Nutrition (until 1997 under Nordic School of Nutrition at UiO), ending January 2005; temporarily employed January-February 2011; currently in active emerita status
- Technical Adviser in Nutrition, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in Rome, from September 1989 - March 1994 (on leave from UiO).Consultant, Norwegian Research Council (at the time Council for Research on Societal Planning, RFSP) 2 months in 1981 to draft a programme for Research in economic, social and cultural rights, as developed by an expert committee.
- Consultant to the UN System (UN Protein-Calorie Advisory Group, PAG) to lead an African-Norwegian interdiscpålinary team to prepare a first ever report of the UN on ”Women in Food Production, Food Handling and Nutrition”, on leave from UiO 18 months, 1975-1976.
- University Fellow, Institute for Nutrition Research, 1963-1966
- The Internationalisation Prize of the Oslo Student Parliament, 2005
- Commander of the Royal Norwegian Order of Merit, 2015 for contributions to the development of the Right to Adequate Food as a human right
- Member Board of Trustees, International Foundation for Science (IFS), 2008 - 2016
- Member BOT of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Washington D.C., 1996-2003
- Member BOT of the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), 1995-1998
- Member of Norad's Research Committee, and
- Member of Central Committee for Norwegian Research (Hovedkomiteen for Norsk Forskning), both for several years from around 1980
- Leader, Centre for International Development Studies (SIU), University of Oslo, 1981-1988
- Central in the early developments of several North-South cooperative programmes between UiO and academic institutions in the third world: Generally in the case of Zimbabwe; Mali; specifically for nutrition in South Africa re. student mobility (UKZN, UCT, SU) and master supervision (UCT and SU).Collaboration with Community Law Centre, University of the Western Cape (UCWC) on promoting the right to food at Nutrition departments in South African universities.
- Academic Coordinator in NOMA funded master programme on “Nutrition, Human Rights and Governance” with Stellenbosch University in Cape Town and Makerere University in Uganda 2010-2014.