The group cooperates with both national og international researchers.
- Ai Yamamoto, Columbia University, NY: ALFY, autophagy, neurodegeneration.
- Terje Johansen, University of Tromsø: the molecular machinery of selective autophagy.
- Harald Stenmark, Radiumhospitalet, Oslo: the role of PI3P and PI3P-binding proteins in autophagy
- Tamotsu Yoshimori, Osaka University, Japan: ATG16L1
- Vojo Deretic, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM: secretory autophagy
- Sven Carlsson, Umeå University, Sweden: ATG8 conjugation machinery
- Ivan Dikic, Goethe University Medical School, Frankfurt, Germany: ATG8 proteins
- Margrét Helga Ögmundsdóttir, University of Iceland; ATG proteins