Research on neuroprotection:
- To understand in depth the pathophysiological mechanisms of perinatal hypoxic brain injury on molecular, cellular, organ and body levels.
- To understand the physiological and pathophysiological responses to different neuroprotective interventions, particularly induced hypothermia and inhalation of xenon.
- To elucidate and understand the confounding factors that influence the development of perinatal brain injury, such as cardiovascular perturbations, perinatal infection, nutrition, hyperoxia, stress, etc.
Research on cardiovascular physiology:
- To understand how mechanical and nervous factors influence cardiac stroke volume.
- To compare non-invasive measurements of stroke volume.
- To improve the understanding of skin circulation in relation to physiological temperature regulation.
Published Aug. 22, 2013 1:10 PM
- Last modified Aug. 26, 2013 10:07 AM