Ongoing projects by or in collaboration with Cardiovascular and Renal Research Group.
Projects actively enrolling patients
Individualized blood pressure treatment: a multidisciplinary approach to uncontrolled hypertension in order to reduce morbidity and mortality (IDA). ClinTrialGov-ID: NCT03209154.
Project leader: Prof. Sverre E. Kjeldsen. A study collaboration between Oslo University Hospital, The University Hospital of North Norway, Trondheim University Hospital and Haukeland University Hospital. Research Fellows: Ola U. Bergland, Lene V. Halvorsen, Stine Rognstad, Karl Marius Brobak, Eirik Olsen and Arleen Aune. Funding: The Research Council of Norway, South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, North Norway Regional Health Authority.
Projects completed or under follow-up
- Effect of Renal Sympathetic Denervation on treatment resistant hypertension and cardiovascular hemodynamic in comparison to intensive medical therapy utilizing Impedance Cardiography (Oslo-RDN). Ten years follow-up. ClinTrialGov-ID: NCT01673516. Project leader: Ass. Prof. Aud Høieggen. Fadl El Mula M. F. El Mula, MD, PhD. Ass. Prof. Anne Cecilie K. Larstorp, MD. Postdoctoral Fellow Camilla Lund Søraas, MD.
- Better control of blood pressure in hypertensive patients monitored using the Hotman System®. ClinTrialGov-ID: NCT01482364. Project leader: Prof. Sverre E. Kjeldsen. Fadl El Mula M. F. El Mula, MD, PhD. Ass. Prof. Anne Cecilie K. Larstorp, MD, PhD.
- Heart mass and function during extreme hypobar hypoxia. Project leader: Prof. Morten Rostrup. Research Fellow: Camilla Udjus.
- Use of heart rate variability as a prognostic instrument in critical illnesses. Main Supervisor: Prof. Morten Rostrup. Gernot Ernst, Research Fellow and Head of the department of Anesthesiology and Intensive care, Vestre Viken Hospital Trust, Kongsberg.
- The significance of serotonin levels in intensive care patients – a pilot study. Project leader: Prof. Morten Rostrup, Fadl El Mula M. F. El Mula, MD, PhD. Medical student Nikolai Ravn Aarskog.
- Risk factors for the development of cardiovascular- and renal diseases in young men (RIKAM). Konsesjon 03/00573-14/BSO.
- Hypertension Registry and Biobank (HyReBi). Konsesjon 17/01129-10/RCA, REK 2017/477.
- Hypersension. Project leader: Bård Grevbo-Waldum. Research Fellow Sondre Heimark, Dpt. of Nephrology, Oslo University Hospital.
- Therapeutic Effects of BNP in Uncontrolled Hypertensive patients. EudraCT Number 2015-000577-13. Project leader: Hassan Z. Khiabani. Research Fellow Kaja Bergo, Institute for Experimental Medical Research, University of Oslo.
- Markers of Coronary Artery Disease during Exercise Testing. ClinTrialGov-ID: NCT01495091. Project leader: Arnljot Flaa. Research Fellow Joanna Cwikiel, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo.
- Impact of the complement lectin pathway and other proteins on infection and cardiovascular risk in patients with chronic kidney failure. Project leader: Solbjørg Sagedal.
- Long Term Predictors of Stroke and Stroke-related Death in Healthy Middle Aged Norwegian Men, Oslo Ischemia Study. Research Fellow Erik Prestgaard. Co-supervisor: Prof. Sverre E. Kjeldsen
- Exercise Blood Pressure and Long-Term Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality in Healthy, Middle-Aged Men, Oslo Ischemia Study. Julian Mariampillai. Co-supervisor: Prof. Sverre E. Kjeldsen
- Therapeutic Effects of BNP in Uncontrolled Hypertensive patients. EudraCT Number: 2015-000577-13. Project leader: Hassan Z. Khiabani. Research Fellow Kaja Bergo, Institute of Experimental Medicine, University of Oslo. Co-supervisors: Prof. Morten Rostrup, Fadl El Mula M Fadl El Mula.
- Markers of Coronary Artery Disease during Exercise Testing. ClinTrialGov-ID: NCT01495091. Project leader and main supervisor: Arnljot Flaa. Joanna Cwikiel, Research Fellow at Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo.
- Blood pressure variability and risk of stroke. Project leader: Eivind Berge. Research Fellow Maria Mehlum, University of Oslo. Co-supervisor: Prof. Sverre E. Kjeldsen.