Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Our group performs research on pregnancy complications, gynaecological cancer and urogynaecology.
The group organizes
- anyone with a PhD project and anyone with a PhD who is performing research within the Department of Gynaecology and Department of Obstetrics at Oslo University Hospital, localization Ullevål.
- formal and informal research education
- quality assurance of clinical studies and internal procedures
- staff and support functions for the research group (human resources, economy and administration)
- maintains web pages for research activities
- web editing for the Research Handbook (Published by Oslo University Hospital in collaboration with Haukeland)
The group leader also works part time as consultant at the Department of Gynecology at Oslo University Hospital. Her research projects involve 12-14 members of the total group of 24-28 center members.
The projects include translational research studies, biomarker and epidemiological studies, combining clinical and basic research within:
- Molecular understanding of pregnancy complications (including preeclampsia and diabetes) and placental dysfunction
- Pregnancy complications and future maternal cardiovascular health
- Molecular understanding of ovarian cancer development (including borderline tumors) as well as other gynaecological malignancies
- Obstetrical outcomes and perineum health
In addition, there are 12-14 other researchers at PhD level or above within the Research Center, involved in research projects concerning:
- Endoscopic surgical techniques in gynaecology
- Myoma uteri (fibroids)
- RCT (Randomized Controlled Studies) within gynaecology
- Thrombosis during pregnancy
- Intrauterine fetal dealth